Musicsummer without limits
The Summer of Music 2019 takes us beyond Europe’s borders:
- “Il Giardino Armonico performed Joseph Haydn’s score with a lot of plasticity and empathy”, judged the Wiener Zeitung about the interpretation of Joseph Haydn’s Creation by Giovanni Antonini and his ensemble Il Giardino Armonico. After successful performances in Munich, Augsburg and Vienna the production will be performed at the Soli Deo Gloria Festival and the Rheingau Music Festival at the end of June.
- Gidon Kremer and Kremerata Baltica commemorate the 100th birthday of Mieczylaw Weinberg with a premiere at the Holland Festival.
- After their successful German debut last February the Aga Khan Music Initiative presents the program “New Music from both ends of the Silk Route” at the Mosel Music Festival.
- Beethoven-Expertise: Chamber Orchestra of Europe (COE) and Rudolf Buchbinder present Beethoven’s piano concertos 1 and 5 at the Bremen Music Festival.
- Finnish Baroque Orchestra (FiBO) tours with its program “From Russia With Love” and “Dancing Queen”
- La Folia Barockorchester Dresden dedicates a thematic focus to the arias of Georg Friedrich Händel.
- Finally, as always, there will be a small press preview.
Find more details here.